715-232-2164 HOURS: M-F 9-6, Sat 9-3 info@menomonielibrary.org

From our Director, Joleen Sterk:

We are celebrating 150 YEARS OF LIBRARY SERVICE IN DUNN COUNTY this year.

From our beginnings as a project of the local Women’s Club in the First National Bank building, to the traveling libraries of James Huff Stout, the many years of partnership with the Mabel Tainter Center for the Arts and to our current architectural gem on Wolske Bay, our community has benefitted from strong, responsive library service.

Look for ways that we will celebrate this milestone in the months to come, and help us to deliver even more meaningful services in the future. We’re looking for makers, collaborators, and dreamers with skills and ideas to share. It is in this gathering and exchange of knowledge that we will make our community a better place to live, work, and play.

-trivia (with a prize each month!) See below.
-history facts – on facebook and instagram
-Let’s Move, Menomonie! (150 Hours of moving challenge)
-April 10th – William Kent Krueger visit
-April 20th – Michael Perry visit

150 years of library service in dunn county logoTrivia Time!

Every month in 2024 we’ll post a different trivia question on the library bulletin board about the last 150 years of library service in Dunn County.

Come on in every month & learn some fun history. Enter your guess & have a chance to win a beautiful mug (handcrafted right here in WI) or one of our other neat library merch items.

*1entry/person/month. Must go in to the library and put your guess in the box. No online submissions accepted.

JANUARY’S QUESTION: The first library in Dunn County was established by women after saloon licenses were voted down. Where was it located? ANSWER: First Bank and Trust or First National Bank

FEBRUARY’S QUESTION: Who was at one time the richest man in the world, and donated $40,000,000 for the construction of over 1,600 public library buildings in the United States in the early 1900’s? ANSWER: Andrew Carnegie

MARCH’S QUESTION: What historic building was constructed in Menomonie in 1889?